Thursday 7 February 2013

Who knew?


You’re a nosy lot aren’t you? The last post on my love life and dating became one of my most read blogs, I had over 400 readers in two days. Not only were all of you interested; I had a radio interview with BBC Essex, an interview with the Essex Enquirer Newspaper and my local paper, The Evening Echo, asked me to write a piece on dating for them too! Who knew that little old me and my very simple love life would be so interesting?

I’ve been quite proud of myself for dealing with the attention. As I’ve mentioned in my last few posts I’ve been knock sideways by my pain and my medication, I’m doing a lot better these days. I have suffered with panic attacks, and mild depression and once you’re in that state of mind it’s so hard to get out of it. I’ve been scared to answer my phone, scared to talk to check-out staff and my nerves even raised their ugly head when meeting up with friends – people I’ve known for 15 years made/make me nervous – crazy I know.

A lot of people have said that I’ve temporarily lost my sparkle – it’s hard to hear that. I’ve always prided myself on being a fighter or at least able to cope with most things and yet here I am feeling the lowest I have done in almost 15 years, but I’m trying my hardest to get back to myself, get my mojo back and move on! I don’t often ask for help but if any of you could give me a kick up the butt please do – be as harsh as you like, and as blunt as you feel, I need you all to be my cheerleaders!!

As well as being my cheerleaders I need to pick all your brains, as you well know I’ve been looking to fundraise for Motivation; but do you know what? I can’t think of a bloomin’ thing that I can be sponsored to do!??! Mike’s organising a sponsored walk, friends are chipping in with 10k runs and quiz evenings but I’d like to do something I can do myself, so any ideas would be very welcome indeed!!!

I do have some very wonderful news to share though. On January 27th I became an Auntie again! Mike’s sister, Emma and her husband Andrew, welcomed a very healthy 9lb 4oz little girl called Abigail – with a dark mop of hair, the most gorgeous chubby cheeks and a ravenous appetite she is nothing like her big proud sister Beth!

Big Beth and Baby Abigail

So I look forward to receiving butt kicking e-mails and your thought inspiring ideas, will write again soon!

L x

2 comments:

  1. I felt like this recently, since the whole DLA debacle (see lisaslondonlegacy.blogspot.com), I felt like I lost my mojo, but do things you enjoy, keep pushing yourself to complete one goal a day, this helped me.

    As for fundraising ideas, could you bake some cakes? or a sponsored silence? Hope this helps! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a charity comedy night? Speak to Ross I am sure he will be happy to help in some way. I would love to help myself but not back in the country for well over a year.

    Keep up the good work.

    Matt
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com